KLV-YetiToDecideName not yet for release

Moderator: Forum moderators

wiak

KLV-YetiToDecideName not yet for release

Post by wiak »

This is just a placeholder so I have a temporary thread (for release use later) for scratchpad notes to remind myself what I'm doing in parallel to main KLV-Airedale help/feedback. Per a couple of posts I made to that Airedale thread I have created a basically working/booting/connecting openbox/tint2/pcmanfm (desktop) KLV variant (starting off with rockedge's being developed build plugin for Airedale and merging in openbox/tint2-related configs from the build plugin I use for my main distro WDL_Arch64). I'll rename the thread title and KLV-<name> later (assuming I reach release stage, which looks likely at the moment).

One issue with my openbox config in WDL Arch is that I use an ugly Start Menu for it (since I'm not generally interested in eye-candy). However, working on nicer one both for my WDL Arch and also for the KL Void openbox/tint2 variant I'm working towards releasing. The attachments show the state of play menu-wise thus far (the screenshots are on my Arch system, but just since I was first testing the configs there). So the 'Before' and 'After' menu look. Maybe I prefer the 'Before' ;-) but, no, I do prefer the 'After' myself. Since Airedale uses glossy/pretty XFCE I felt I should sharpen up the openbox/tint2 looks at least a little compared to my old WDL_Arch attempts... A few missing menu icons still to sort out.

Please forgive me for the screenshots being taken on WDL Arch (which a few 'in the past' seem to be irritated by whenever mentioned) rather than the new KLV-YetiToDecideName distro I also have booting on this machine, but the latter isn't so easy to develop on quite yet, but the menu look will be pretty much the same on alpha release of that KLV Void variant (albeit will not include all these big apps in the iso).

Attachments
old_menu_scrot.jpg
old_menu_scrot.jpg (50.71 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
new_menu_scrot.jpg
new_menu_scrot.jpg (46.5 KiB) Viewed 1196 times

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Re: KLV-YetiToDecideName not yet for release

Post by wiak »

reserved

DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

reserved

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@wiak Very cool! I'll explore it for sure. With some config I imagine the desktop can be made to be very useful.

wiak

Post by wiak »

rockedge wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:22 pm

@wiak Very cool! I'll explore it for sure. With some config I imagine the desktop can be made to be very useful.

It is as you mentioned about making a JWM/Rox desktop - much more to do than if using XFCE since that has all been so nicely configured and put together (much by Void team I presume). However, having make an openbox/tint2/pcmanfm distro before I can cut and paste many of the configs.

Advantage is similar to your JWM/Rox builds though - less resource (particularly RAM) usage, but nowadays on most modern machines 100 MB here and there is no big deal.

Having a few issues with pulseaudio, when logged to desktop as root, that I didn't have with WDL_Arch64 though. The rest coming together nicely. Oh, and GTK+3 gtkdialog a bit of an issue in terms of scaling (at least) sometimes. I'll move back to KLV-airedale now and see if same pulseaudio issues and if not see what the solution is...

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Return to “Specialized”