Cursor is invisible

Moderators: dimkr, Forum moderators

+Me

Cursor is invisible

Post by +Me »

w/ 10.0.48 Wayland on an old Asus W6F Laptop, 2 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ the Maximum 1.5 GHz RAMemory from about 2007.

it's like a ghost on the Desktop Using either the TrackPad or an USB Mouse, they work when the Cursor Pointer iz over a Button, but the Pointer iz just invisible like a ghost. I've managed 2 Blindly Stumble 2 ( Puppy ) Setup > Mouse / KeyB'd > input Wizard, but can't see anything that's likely 2 Help there.

A possible Clue 2 Solving this haunting Mystery iz that the Curser Does Appear 4 a Blink ( ie. about a second ) just prior 2 the Desktop Loading. This iz a Frugal install & the Problem only occurred after the installation, it wasn't apparent while Running Live from USB on this Hardware

Please I'd Appreciate any Help w/ this issue, Thanx

;-)K

All Blacks Rule
bigpup

Re: Cursor is invisible

Post by bigpup »

This is a Frugal install & the Problem only occurred after the installation, it wasn't apparent while Running Live from USB on this Hardware

That kind of tells you the frugal install is not a good install.

Delete the frugal install and do it over fresh again.

If you tell us exactly how you are doing the frugal install, we may see something you are doing wrong.
Give specific details.
You do what?
You see what?

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

dimkr

Re: Cursor is invisible

Post by dimkr »

+Me wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:01 pm

w/ 10.0.48 Wayland on an old Asus W6F Laptop, 2 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ the Maximum 1.5 GHz RAMemory from about 2007.

Use the X.Org flavor if the Xwayland one doesn't work, I've seen similar problems on at least two laptops (one from 2006, one from 2010).

Return to “Vanilla Dpup”