Trash bin accidentally deleted. How to get it back? (Solved)

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

mic81k

Trash bin accidentally deleted. How to get it back? (Solved)

Post by mic81k »

Hi,
I've only had Puppy Linux for a couple of days now and everything was going very well (my Linux skills are very limited, because this laptop only has one task, which is video editing and that works very well, so I don't really get into any other Linux stuff unless I really have to). But now I've accidentally removed the trash bin and I can't get it back. I can find the files for it (I think so at least) in the package manager, and it also installs it, but I can't get the trash icon back on the desktop, nothing really changes after the ''installation''. I've searched online for answers, and someone suggested some sudo apt command thing, but when I tried that I only got the message ''unknown command sudo: apt: ''. So where is the trash icon? Is this one of those things that's so simple that I'm just not seeing it? Any help is much appreciated.

P.S.
It's FossaPup64, installed as the only OS on the internal SSD disk.

puddlemoon

Re: Trash bin removed

Post by puddlemoon »

Hi,
open JWMdesk from menu > desktop and choose "icon layout". select "traditional" or "minimal" (or trash can only) then apply. X will restart and you should see you trash can again.

mic81k

Re: Trash bin removed

Post by mic81k »

Thank You!! :thumbup:

Return to “Fossapup64”